Home Forge Forums  

Social Apps & Widgets Forums | TwitTown > Developer Zone - Apps and Widget > Twitter developers > Twitter API > Twitter API box for no reason!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
curthopkins

Default Twitter API box for no reason!

Every time I do virtually anything on any of my Twitter accounts, a dialogue box pops up titled "Authentication Required." Inside it instructs me to "Enter username and p***word for 'Twitter API' at Http://twitter.com. Then "User Name:" followed by a place to enter it, "P***word:" followed by a place to enter that, then a checkbox with the instruction "Use P***word Manager to remember this p***word." Finally, there are "OK" and "Cancel" buttons.

I hit the X to get rid of it each time it appears (usually pops up twice for each action I take).

Here's the weirdness: I have NOTHING to do with a Twitter API. I am not a developer. Just a hapless user.

So, anyone have any idea why this is happening and, more to the point, how to permanently stop it? Thanks.
curthopkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Social Apps & Widgets Forums | TwitTown Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Social Apps & Widgets Forums | TwitTown database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the twittown.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The twittown.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.